Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Ugly Error

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mike ONeill Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 02:53:33 AM
Hi

A long shot maybe .

I installed VAX 1721 , and suddenly my Red Gate SQL Prompt has thrown a wobbler, I am not sure if its related

The error I get refers to COMobjetcs

Any chance it can be related .

I have unistalled VAX (Why is it sio difficult ??) and reisntalled but teh problem persists .

These 2 have co existed happily for years , is this related to changes in 1721 , or may be its just coincidence

the error I get is

VAX 1721 , VS2008 Sp1 , SSMS 2005 Sp2,XP sp2

System.ApplicationException: Exception within progress task ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextView'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{BB23A14B-7C61-469A-9890-A95648CED5E6}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextView.GetSelection(Int32& piAnchorLine, Int32& piAnchorCol, Int32& piEndLine, Int32& piEndCol)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.Editor.VSEditorWindow.get_Selection()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a(EditorWindowBase , b , c& )
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a(EditorWindowBase , c& , b[] )
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a.Run()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Progress.TaskAggregator.Run()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Forms.ProgressDialogue.a()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Forms.ProgressDialogue.ShowProgress(ITaskRunner task)
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.a(a )
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Refactor.Refactor.LayOutSql(EditorWindowBase editor, SqlPromptOptions options)
at b.Execute()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.Commands.VSCommandControler.Exec(String CmdName, vsCommandExecOption ExecuteOption, Object& VariantIn, Object& VariantOut, Boolean& Handled)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nobodo Posted - Apr 08 2009 : 10:53:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline
The uninstall continued quite happily.

Wow, I have never seen a happy uninstall!
feline Posted - Mar 31 2009 : 11:45:58 AM
I have just uninstalled VA 1721 on a winXP machine where the network card has been disabled, so it has no network or internet access at all.

Internet Explorer was loaded by the uninstaller, but it simply produced a "cannot display the webpage" error, and I closed the window. The uninstall continued quite happily.

I am not sure why you had such problems uninstalling, that should not have happened.

I am glad you found the cause of this problem and fixed it.
Mike ONeill Posted - Mar 31 2009 : 06:12:25 AM
Hi

All is well , it was a trashed registry setting which Red Gate had come across before

Uninstalling VAX needs an internet connection or so it seems , as you start the un-install, it diverts to a page asking why etc. on my Home PC I do not have internet , (Too many Rolex watch adverts & SPAM) so it just hung when it tried to get to the page. Eventually I used my 3G Modem to get around it.

Being such a stunning product I had never tried to uninstall before

PS BIG FAN , back to checking out 1721

Cheers

Mike
feline Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 11:29:40 AM
Is the IDE crashing, or is this just an error message, and the IDE carries on working?

I don't understand your comment about being difficult, uninstalling VA is quite easy, at least it is when I uninstall it.

If the IDE is crashing or hanging could you attach a new instance of the IDE and save out a mini dump file please? This might give some clues as to the nature of the problem.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000