Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 _countof generates weird tooltips

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Apr 07 2009 : 10:20:05 AM
VAX 1649, VS 2008 SP2, DX SDK installed.

When hovering the closing parenthesis in a _countof(xxx) statement, a huge tooltip is displayed with stuff from DirectX:

inline _D3DMATRIX operator * ...
inline _D3DVECTOR operator * ...
D3DX10INLINE ...
D3DX10INLINE ...

Crazy.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 17 2009 : 12:11:34 PM
Feel happy since VA adds hours of entertainment to your working day. Just hover your mouse over random brackets and watch for unexpected tooltips

This is hardly a serious bug that we need to worry about, at most it is an interesting oddity.
znakeeye Posted - Apr 17 2009 : 10:52:40 AM
I was bored and took an extra look at the provided VAX-tooltips. So I put the cursor there deliberately.

I didn't expect a tooltip, but got the strange tooltip described above... now what? :P
feline Posted - Apr 14 2009 : 10:28:32 AM
This is why I asked. I would not expect hovering over the closing parenthesis to offer any form of tooltip at all. It is not a natural target for mouse hovering, since it is only a single character. Also it is common to get several closing brackets in a row.

Are you deliberately hovering the mouse over the closing bracket, expecting a sensible tooltip, or is the mouse just ending up here by accident?
znakeeye Posted - Apr 14 2009 : 04:38:47 AM
See above: "...hovering the CLOSING parenthesis"
Hovering other parts of the statement yields sensible tooltips.
feline Posted - Apr 07 2009 : 5:58:31 PM
Do you get a sensible tooltip if you hover over the actual function name "_countof" or the parameter "xxx" ?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000