Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 vassistx.findselected does not work

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mgheinz1001 Posted - Apr 30 2009 : 04:21:21 AM
Hi,

the function "vassistx.findselected" does not work in my environment (but it had worked already - beofre I removed VAssist and then I reinstalled it). I assigned the text editor shortcut "Ctrl+y" to it (which is not used by another function). But whenever I try to use that function no variable will be highlighted. Any other shortcut also doesn't work.

I use:
Visual Studio 2005
VAssist 10.5.1715.0 built 2009.01.29
PS: It's not possible to install a different built!

Greetings
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Apr 30 2009 : 10:04:46 AM
>Any other shortcut also doesn't work.

So, for example when you press alt+shift+o in the text editor, the window isn't showing up?

Can you please open the

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Keyboard

window? Here, you can choose the scope for every shortcut by selecting "Use new shortcut in". The default scope is "Global", but "Text Editor" has higher priority in text editor, so make sure you select "Text Editor" under "Use new shortcut in:".

If it doesn't help, can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

so I can import them here to see if I can reproduce your problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000