Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Listbox selection highlighting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dan Forever Posted - May 01 2009 : 05:44:03 AM
I'm finding that I can barely make out which option is the selected option in the auto-complete listbox, as the highlighting is a very faint grey/blue on black. Where does it get it's choice of colour from, and can it be changed in the current version?

Using 1723 on vs2005
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - May 06 2009 : 5:33:11 PM
If you turn this option off, the color should be visible (deep blue, like windows default selection color).
If your result is "slightly more visible", maybe the custom theme for windows XP you had mentioned makes the difference.
Dan Forever Posted - May 06 2009 : 05:07:20 AM
Those guides have helped Maxim. It's only slightly more visible, but it might be enough.

Thank you both for your suggestions
accord Posted - May 05 2009 : 5:52:49 PM
>You'll notice it has a faint grey highlight.

This is because you have turned on

VA Options -> Advanced -> Fonts and Colors -> Apply Colouring to -> Listboxes

and Visual Assist uses a pale color so you'll see most colors under the highlight. I like this feature, but this color can cause problems with very low viewing angels (usually on laptops), so I recommend you to turn off this setting.

When I ran into a similar problem on a laptop with low viewing angle, I changed my brightness/gamma setting in the display driver (like Maxim recommended) to see gray on white.
Maxim Posted - May 05 2009 : 10:07:14 AM
Many monitors ship with the brightness and contrast turned way up which makes you lose some of the range of visible shades. Try http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/ and http://www.photofriday.com/calibrate.php - you might find you get less eye strain too.
Dan Forever Posted - May 05 2009 : 06:10:26 AM
I don't use Windowblinds but I do have a custom theme for windows XP. Though I haven't found that to be a problem in the past (This problem only appeared after upgrading to 1723/1724).

You'll notice it has a faint grey highlight.
It would seem my monitor does not have enough of a vertical viewing angle, so that when it's nearly level with my eyes it's a faint grey, but when it's near the bottom of the screen (and I have to look down to see the listbox) I can't make out the highlight at all.
accord Posted - May 01 2009 : 08:04:37 AM
The background of the completion listbox should be always white, even if you choose black background in the editor.

Do you use any Windows skinning program? Something like Window Blinds? It can cause problems:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W270

If you don't, can you please take a screenshot where I can see the colors of your editor window and your completion listbox?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000