Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Mouse selection fails

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NOPcode Posted - May 01 2009 : 07:33:28 AM
I've reported this before, and it has never been resolved. It's been an ongoing problem for about a year now.
On occasion - sometimes quite often - click & drag to select text with the mouse will not do anything. The click moves the cursor, but the hold & drag does nothing. I have to close the source file and reopen it to get it to work again. I can leave the solution/project open.
I've had this happen with both large and super-small projects (three source files), and only one source file open and with lots of them.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jun 12 2009 : 9:06:20 PM
case=16204 is fixed in build 1727
AdrianS Posted - May 01 2009 : 11:54:17 AM
quote:
We've seen this happen when you right-click on an underlined comment or string where VA produces a spell-check list that is then dismissed by clicking somewhere else.

That's very probably what I've done to trigger it. In my case, it's most likely that there was no suggestion at all.
sean Posted - May 01 2009 : 11:27:34 AM
We've seen this happen when you right-click on an underlined comment or string where VA produces a spell-check list that is then dismissed by clicking somewhere else. As AdrianS notes, doing a right-click in the editor fixes the state. This will be fixed in the 1725 build timeframe. case=16204
NOPcode Posted - May 01 2009 : 10:37:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by AdrianS
I find that a right-click to bring up the context menu will fix it.

Really? That beats closing the file and F2'ng back to the location. I'll try it next time.
AdrianS Posted - May 01 2009 : 10:15:52 AM
I have that happen occasionally as while. I've never been able to reproduce it, though.

I find that a right-click to bring up the context menu will fix it.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000