Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1723, 1724: highlight color wrong

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bmk Posted - May 05 2009 : 04:18:31 AM
When I click on a variable, all of its occurrences is highlighted:
- The occurrence that is read always highlighted with BLUE.
- The occurrence that is written is highlighted with color I choose in Advanced->Refactoring->Highlight references using ...

Hope this bug is fixed because BLUE make my eyes uncomfortable!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 07 2009 : 12:14:13 PM
I have the settings files, thank you for this. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem, I am not getting any Blue highlighting.

Can you try the following test please and see if it helps:

Exit VS2005
Delete this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\FontAndColors\\Cache\Restart the IDE
bmk Posted - May 06 2009 : 11:25:24 PM
I also send settings files.
bmk Posted - May 06 2009 : 11:23:15 PM
I do the setting as you said
VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Highlight references using <colour> and <colour> = OFF
VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor = ON
VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results = OFF

And still get BLUE.

AdrianS Posted - May 06 2009 : 4:18:19 PM
quote:
The colour used is set via:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> VA X Find Result

On my system (VS2005 & VAX1724) the colour is set by:
IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> VA X Find Reference

or by the Refactoring->Highlight references using colour
feline Posted - May 06 2009 : 2:19:37 PM
Obviously something is going wrong here.

Firstly can you set:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Highlight references using <colour> and <colour> = OFF
VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor = ON
VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results = OFF

and see if you still get the Blue highlighting. We need to confirm why it is happening / which VA feature is doing it, before we can fix the colour.

If you still get the Blue colour can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
bmk Posted - May 06 2009 : 12:39:19 AM
Yes, I have VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor turned on.
And I set the color in IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> VA X Find Result as you said the result still wrong.

But I think it should be set with two colors in "Highlight references using" or with "IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> VA X Find Reference" and "IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> VA X Find Reference (Modified)"

Anyway, it still display BLUE!
feline Posted - May 05 2009 : 2:23:50 PM
It sounds like you have:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor

turned on. The colour used is set via:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> VA X Find Result

Just pick the colour you want to use instead of blue.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000