Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Insert () placing unwanted ()

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jhirst Posted - May 05 2009 : 8:44:03 PM
Version 10.5.1715.0

I have the Insert () and closing })]'" option turned on.

For example, I have a class PlayerCharacter. When I want to create a function SetPlayerCharacter(PlayerCharacter * a_playerChar) a '()' is automatically placed after 'PlayerCharacter' when I am typing. I then have to delete the '()' before continuing.

This behaviour is quite new. I have turned the option off for now, but I no longer have the closing braces filled out for me.

Is this a known issue? Will it be fixed?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - May 12 2011 : 12:54:55 AM
case=56276 is fixed in build 1848
feline Posted - Mar 24 2011 : 4:06:16 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=56276

If you accept the function from the listbox then I only get one set of round brackets. Also turning on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Get content from default Intellisense

fixes the problem for me, but I am not sure why this has this effect.
ShadowIce Posted - Mar 23 2011 : 12:57:26 PM
Something like this happens here with version 10.6.1842.0 and Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (doesn't seem to be happening under VS2005).

It happens when I type something like "Logging.Log(" which results in "Logging.Log(())". This doesn't happen if I type "Logging." then switch lines, get back and type "Log(". It also doesn't happen with all methods from that class and I think it has something to do with the fact the the methods are templated.

Some probably related examples:
"std::vector<int> v; v.begin(" => "std::vector<int> v; v.begin()()" (one () too many)
"boost::tuple<int, int> t; t.get<" => ""boost::tuple<int, int> t; t.get()<" (should not insert anything at all)
sean Posted - May 05 2009 : 9:59:32 PM
Sorry about that. This was fixed in build 1721. case=23119

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000