Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1715: Tooltip pops up when VS not topmost

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chuckles_UK Posted - May 13 2009 : 06:42:41 AM
Hi,

I couldn't find a reference to this anywhere else, and it doesn't seem to have been addressed in more recent builds (or at least it's not mentioned in the build notes).

I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional running on Vista 64, with Version 1715 of VAX.

If I open another application window with focus over the top of the VS window, hovering the mouse over where a function would be in the VS window (were it not covered by the other app's window) causes a tooltip to pop up.

Repeatability is fairly low (perhaps once every 2 days), so I haven't managed to come up with solid repro steps. Switching to VS and then back to the other app seems to stop it. The 'other app' isn't always the same - I've had it happen with Google Chrome, SciTE, Notepad, and even other copies of VS.

I'm guessing this 'critical bug' will head right to the bottom of the bug list ;)

Cheers,
Charles

--------------------
Charles Blessing
Senior Programmer
Team17 Software Ltd.
--------------------
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uniwares Posted - May 22 2009 : 2:45:22 PM
1723 still, sounds like i should update then.
feline Posted - May 22 2009 : 2:30:23 PM
Interesting. According to the comments on case=25981 a change was made to try and help this in VA 1724. Which version are you currently running?
Uniwares Posted - May 22 2009 : 2:00:28 PM
This might be linked to case 25981, because there is always a tooltip involved that shouldnt be there. Yet i also cant repro it on demand.
feline Posted - May 13 2009 : 12:52:51 PM
I actually recognise this problem, I have seen it myself, very occasionally, when hovering the mouse over a Find References Results window that is set to auto hide.

Like you I have never been able to reproduce this on demand.

Since you are also seeing this I have put in a bug report:

case=26945

not quite the bottom of the list, but without an ability to reproduce this on demand it will be tricky to do much about this problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000