Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1723: Laggy response after space pressed

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
horeaper Posted - Jun 04 2009 : 10:42:26 PM
While in C#, after type "List<Image> istFrames = new" and a space, a toolbox will show and give me "List<Image>", all I need to do is hit enter to accept it. But if I hit the enter too fast, the result will be "ArgIterator" or something else. If I wait for a short time - about 0.5 second, everything works fine.

And when the toolbox appears, it looks fine. The selection bar didn't "Selecting ArgIterator at first and jump to List<Image> very quickly" as you may think.

This problem didn't exist in the previous version I use: 1711

Maybe this was introduced when fixing the case=25111?

Update: It happens everytime after a space that a toolbox should appear, so I changed the post's title.
Update: Forgot to mention, I'm using VS2005SP1 with XP SP3

-
Sorry for my poor English if that cause any trouble to you!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jun 12 2009 : 9:29:35 PM
case=28032 is fixed in build 1727
horeaper Posted - Jun 09 2009 : 9:35:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try 1722 ^_^

feline Posted - Jun 09 2009 : 6:29:01 PM
Good news, this has been fixed internally. Hopefully the fix will be present in the next build of VA, but I cannot guarantee this.

For now you may want to go back to VA 1722, I was unable to reproduce the problem with this version. You can download older builds of VA from this page:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/history.asp
horeaper Posted - Jun 09 2009 : 03:07:55 AM
Please fix this as soon as possible, I'm a fast typist and 0.5s seems like ages to me ^_^
And I use Enter to accept suggestions, Undo just make things worse (It will give me a new line, I need to Undo twice and a Backspace)
feline Posted - Jun 08 2009 : 1:36:22 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=28032

This only happens about 1 time in 10 for me, and when it does go wrong Undo works, so I can easily fix this. Hopefully this will help for now.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000