Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA's color does not work

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
icecools Posted - Jul 02 2009 : 10:41:38 PM
Hi, seems my VA's color is not correct, no color rendering in text editor, but it's OK in other field like list, see the following pic:
Setting

Color

About

How can I make it work? thanks!
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 14 2009 : 2:42:22 PM
Thank you, we do try
khb Posted - Jul 14 2009 : 03:34:23 AM
That's the down side of fixing something silently. You don't get credits for it

Therefore I'd like to say thank you for fixing all things I don't even know about

Keep up the good support!

Regards
Marcus
feline Posted - Jul 13 2009 : 10:07:51 AM
We are trying to fix the main problem cases directly from within VA, so people never actually see the problems, since they get fixed silently and automatically.

It seems to be working, since the number of reports of colours not working at all are definitely going down
khb Posted - Jul 13 2009 : 03:23:20 AM
Hello feline,

I notice that from time to time for some users strange things happen (e.g., a cache got invalid like in this thread or a color setting went nuts). Something similar happened also to me a long time ago. What I could imagine is some kind of "Ultra Reset" button that combines fixes for such problems like an antibiotic. After pressing this button most of the problems might disappear...

Regards
Marcus
icecools Posted - Jul 12 2009 : 11:00:27 PM
Great! It works!
Thanks feline very much!
feline Posted - Jul 10 2009 : 3:20:06 PM
I have the new settings, and I can reproduce the problem with them. Thank you for this.

I have also found a fix. Make sure all instances of the IDE are closed. Then run regedit and delete the registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\8.0\\FontAndColors\\Cache\
and all of its children. If you now reload the IDE does this fix the problem for you?
icecools Posted - Jul 10 2009 : 03:53:14 AM
Thanks feline.
resend the files in that mail.
I am using an english XP but change the language to chinese in the region setting. but it should not be the problem becuase VA was OK under that for a long time.
I ever installed/unistalled Visual Studio 2008, maybe that a cause?
And can this be fixed by just upgrading to the latest version(I don;t know if my registion key support the latest VA)?
seems it's a complicated issue, I can accept it without color, I am posting this thread just want to know if a quick and simple solution...
feline Posted - Jul 09 2009 : 09:31:34 AM
Now you have changed the IDE font can you please export your new IDE settings and send them to me? After an IDE restart VA colouring is applied for me, using your first settings. So I am wondering if the IDE is making multiple changes to your settings.

If you still have the automatic reply email from case=29331 you can simply reply to that email with the new settings file.

I will then import this new settings file and see what happens.

Are you running a localised OS?
icecools Posted - Jul 09 2009 : 02:02:22 AM
You are right, I am using a chinese font that you might not installed in your XP, following is the info, thanks.(I changed the font to Courier new but it still does not work)

VA_X.dll file version 10.4.1647.0 built 2008.07.30
Licensed to:
VA X: [email protected] (7-user license) Support ends 2009.01.08
DevEnv.exe version 8.0.50727.762
msenv.dll version 8.0.50727.762
Font: +?+?+?+?+?+? 12(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.0.2900.2982
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 processors

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\PlatformSDK\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\SDK\\v2.0\\include;

Other Includes:

Stable Source Directories:
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfcm;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\crt\\src;
feline Posted - Jul 08 2009 : 10:54:48 AM
Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

I am mainly interested in your OS and the font you are using in the IDE. I think you are using a font I do not have installed on my winXP test machine. After importing your IDE settings into VS2005 the IDE font is resetting to Courier New when I restart the IDE, which is rather unexpected.
feline Posted - Jul 08 2009 : 10:46:50 AM
I have the files, thank you for these:

case=29331

I am currently looking at them.
icecools Posted - Jul 07 2009 : 10:04:01 PM
thanks, uploaded.
feline Posted - Jul 07 2009 : 1:37:23 PM
Can you open a new thread for the find symbol problem please? Otherwise things are likely to get rather confused

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem. Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
icecools Posted - Jul 06 2009 : 10:11:28 PM
Changing fonts in IDE does not work.
The color of find reference result window is OK, see below pic, and you can find in the 2nd picture the small "Go implement" window at upper-right works OK also. just the color in main text editor has problem.

PS, the Find symbol seems can't work correctly some time, I know I have a class/method in the project but when I type the name in the find symbols windows VA can't display anything...
feline Posted - Jul 06 2009 : 1:38:19 PM
I have changed the global background colour in windows before on my system without any problems for VA.

Does changing the IDE font make any difference?
If you use Find References can you get VA to highlight the references in the text editor? I am wondering if any colouring at all works for you.
icecools Posted - Jul 05 2009 : 11:01:02 PM
Thanks feline, but it does not work. In fact I dit not change any setting about color and fonts in IDE, why the backgound is light green is because I modified the windows's style, it should be not relevent to this.
feline Posted - Jul 03 2009 : 4:55:06 PM
Can you try pressing the button:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Use Defaults

and restarting the IDE. Does this help? Hopefully it will fix this problem for you.
icecools Posted - Jul 02 2009 : 10:46:34 PM
PS, the my VS is Visual Studio 2005

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000