Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA hangs MSVC 8

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paltr Posted - Jul 08 2009 : 11:19:14 PM
Hi! Sometimes, when parsing very complex code (with many templates etc.) VA can hang MSVC 8. I can't reproduce it as this happens rarely, but I think it would be a great idea to make "watch dog" for the VA's parsing thread. So when this thread doesn't call the "watch dog" for ex. for 5 seconds, the main thread can restart the parsing one. Otherwise, without "watch dog" I have to restart MSVC and sometimes it is very continuous task...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paltr Posted - Jul 09 2009 : 03:21:13 AM
Ok. I'll do this next time.
accord Posted - Jul 09 2009 : 03:02:15 AM
Next time this happens can you please save a minidump and send us? You can learn more about minidump and how to send us here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W303

This problem should not happen at all. Restarting parser wouldn't help since VA would try to parse the file again causing a hang again. If we don't parse the file again, the file won't be parsed again, so you won't get suggestions and other stuff. It can be good for workaround, but hangs like this should be fixed.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000