Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1727 devenv not exiting when project closed

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dmmiller2k Posted - Jul 16 2009 : 09:08:20 AM
Sorry for the duplicate entry (I wrote about the same issue in "Public Beta" which I now realize was the wrong place for this).

I am using VA X build 10.5.1727 with, for various projects, both VS.NET 2003 and VS 2005.

I am noticing that recently when I close the development environment, the devenv.exe process stays around without a window, more or less indefinitely, since switching to this version of VA X.

It wasn't happening with the previous version (1724 maybe?).
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 20 2009 : 6:00:16 PM
I have seen a corrupt NCB file cause various problems, including a crashing IDE, so deleting these files may well have fixed the problem. Of course unless the problem comes back again it is hard to tell what is going on.

This FAQ entry explains how to save out a mini dump file, hopefully this will help:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W303
dmmiller2k Posted - Jul 20 2009 : 5:26:56 PM
Maybe removing the VS-generated files (.ncb, .ilk, .suo, etc.) fixed this issue for me, but I haven't seen it now for a while. Of course, now I am done working on the offending project, so I am not sure it will happen again.

How do I generate a mini-dump?
feline Posted - Jul 17 2009 : 12:27:10 PM
This is very strange, but I am glad the problem has gone away for now. If it comes back again a mini dump of the hung process would be useful, since it might offer some clues as to the nature of the problem.
dmmiller2k Posted - Jul 16 2009 : 6:39:26 PM
No other plugins.

I rebooted, then tried downgrading to 1724 and then upgrading back to 1727 and now it seems not to exhibit the problem anymore, so I'm not sure what worked.
feline Posted - Jul 16 2009 : 11:42:38 AM
Do you have any other IDE plugin's installed?
How are you closing the project and IDE?

If you just open your solution, wait for all parsing to finish and then close the IDE does it close correctly, or do you still see this problem?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000