Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Suggestions not shown in CLI finalizer

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
horeaper Posted - Jul 29 2009 : 9:18:44 PM
For example, I have a class which declared like below:

ref class classname {
   ~classname() {}   // destructor
   !classname() {}   // finalizer
};

The weird "!classname()" is the finalizer for CLI, which allow you to dispose unmanaged resources, and VA's suggestion seems not working properly inside this function, it doesn't give me any "tip" on class member variables or methods, but other things, including the snippets works fine. As if VA was treating the finalizer as a "global function" not a member of the class.

And this problem exist from the first time I use VA (version 15XX, I forgot) until now (1727). Also exist both in VS2005 and VS2008 (Both with SP1 installed)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Aug 04 2010 : 5:46:33 PM
case=19150 is fixed in build 1829
accord Posted - Mar 05 2010 : 4:12:59 PM
We are working on C++/CLI improvements, but still I don't have any form of time estimate for this, unfortunately.
jschroedl Posted - Mar 05 2010 : 3:49:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

We are planning to improve the finalizer support:

case=19150

We've increased the priority of this bug, but I don't have any estimate on this yet.

Hi, any update on when finalizers will be handled better? I ran into this again today attempting to rename a function called from my finalizer. It was renamed everywhere else but the finalizer.

John
accord Posted - Jul 30 2009 : 2:51:51 PM
We are planning to improve the finalizer support:

case=19150

We've increased the priority of this bug, but I don't have any estimate on this yet.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000