Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Bad C#/Silverlight suggestion for "a"

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nels_P_Olsen Posted - Oct 08 2009 : 12:15:49 PM
I'm using Silverlight with C#. When I type just the letter "a" and wait a second, I get this weird suggestion for an invalid type. It shows with the "friend struct" icon (I don't think those are valid in C#). The tooltip shows the entire source of some internal Silverlight class.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 15 2009 : 5:06:23 PM
I am seeing the same problem here:

case=33923

Nobodo thank you for your help. It turns out that Silverlight is not the real cause. A new default Silverlight solution contains a JavaScript file that defines a variable called "a". This is the item "a" that is being suggested in the C# files.
Nobodo Posted - Oct 13 2009 : 1:40:56 PM
First would be to find if it is Silverlight 2 or 3. Version 3 is pretty new, so Nels might be using 2.

You don't have to install Expression Blend or Sketchflow or Deep Zoom Composer or RIA services to code in Silverlight in VS. You do need to install Silverlight (2 or 3?), and VS2008, and the Silverlight Toolkit.

Expression blend is an alternative to VS2008 for working in Silverlight, but also an enhancement. It's more of a web design tool, and makes it easier to do graphics design, that type of thing in Silverlight. Expression blend and VS2008 work together (you can have the project open in both at the same time, and updates done in one can be reflected in the other). The other items are tools not needed for basic Silverlight but might be desired as you get into it deeper.

Thanks,
Mark.
feline Posted - Oct 09 2009 : 5:13:03 PM
I don't know anything useful about Silverlight, so a quick websearch got me to this page:

http://www.silverlight.net/getstarted/

Do I really have to download and install 5 separate tools / toolkits just to run a quick test of this problem? I will if I need to, but it would be nice if it was quicker and easier

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000