Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 ShowWindow in suggestion list

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jlbooth318 Posted - Oct 09 2009 : 09:30:42 AM

Why doesn't VAX offer ShowWindow for a CDialog in the suggestion list?

Another curiosity is that it shows ShowSizeGrip which is not even a member of CDialog. It's almost like VAX is treating my CDialog objects as if they were CResizableDialog objects (Prof-UIS). Even if that was the case, ShowWindow should still be there since CResizableDialog is derived from CDialog/CWnd further up the inheritance chain.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Oct 09 2009 : 3:27:04 PM
Can you please try to create a new MFC test project just to see if you can reproduce the problem there? If you can, please send the test project via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

in a compressed file, including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
I really forgot how MFC works : I had used it more then 6 years ago for a little while, but really different from Borland Builder or .NET Forms. For example I didn't find a control with OnUpdate event while in BB and .NET every control has OnMouseMove event including Buttons. So I tried your example with a little different context using VS2008 and VAX 1738, but it is working for me:

As you can see, my listbox contains ShowWindow member function.

Which Visual Studio and VAX do you use?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000