Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Single Character Suggestions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mike ONeill Posted - Oct 19 2009 : 07:36:50 AM
Hi
I am doing a lot of stuff with LINQ at the moment and I am finding one of VAX's suggestions irritating

When you use predicate syntax (c , c=> ....) etc as soon as you type c , you get all suggestions starting with c and there seems to be no way of avoiding the first suggestion , then you backspace out etc , quite irritating

1738 seems to be very intellegent in that a single char brings back you most recent used object or property with that char as the starting letter ,

Is it possible to ignore a single char without breaking everything else ?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Oct 19 2009 : 4:58:29 PM
There is not way to turn off 1 character suggestions but you can turn off accepting the suggestions with any character by turning off this option:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Selections committed with: Any character not valid in a symbol

So your characters will not be overwritten accidentally. Does this solve your problem? Are accidental overwrites part of your problem?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000