Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX and C/C++ files with non-standard extensions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JerryEvans Posted - Nov 02 2009 : 12:08:33 PM
I'm working on a project that has a Windows/C# GUI and a embedded Linux C/C++ server. As Win32 Codeblocks/Dev++ are not VAX hosts I find my productivity is hugely reduced. I can see how to trick VS into building the Linux source files with the GCC 68K cross-compiler, by creating a new filter/tool chain etc. Question is this: If I have a set of source files with .68k.c++ and .68k.h extensions (for example) how can I persuade VAX to parse+browse as usual?

BTW mightily impressed to find that VAX handles the entire Chromium project without any complaints. Makes making sense of the codebase 1000 times easier. Astounding product, all is needs is C++ enum refactoring!

Thx

Jerry
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 04 2009 : 3:32:14 PM
How often do you want to do something like this? My concern is that this is a special case for a more general operation "move X from scope A to scope B", which raises all sorts of complications.

Personally I use enum's a lot, but I have hardly ever wanted to move them around like this.
JerryEvans Posted - Nov 03 2009 : 07:35:46 AM
quote:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328

Thanks. I think that'll do it.

quote:

You mean a new refactoring command? If you do, can you please explain your idea?

Yes - since enumerations are generally seen as a good thing they tend to get used on a wide and frequent basis. What would be very useful is to be able to change an enumeration namespace and to combine enumeration from one space into another.

i.e

class control { enum settings { off, slow, full }; };

refactor so control::settings is moved out of the control class scope

enum settings { off, slow, full };

class control { };

control::settings::off -> settings::off

etc.
accord Posted - Nov 02 2009 : 3:37:55 PM
This link will help you:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328

>Astounding product, all is needs is C++ enum refactoring!
You mean a new refactoring command? If you do, can you please explain your idea?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000