Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 directories

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kruseborn Posted - Nov 10 2009 : 06:04:05 AM
In VAssistX/projects/c++ Directories you can include directories that includes header files for VAssist to parse. Is there any why you can tell VAssist to parse a tree of directories. Say you have 50 directories with different header files. Do you have add all of them separate?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kruseborn Posted - Nov 12 2009 : 11:53:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

You can copy and paste a directory list into this list in our options dialog by using the end button.

Can you simply get the directory list you need from an existing makefile on your Linux machine?
How about using a find command, with the output piped into a text file? I am a bit rusty on the UNIX command line, but it should be fairly easy to generate a listing of all sub directories with a find command and pipe it into a text file. Then just open the text file under Windows and copy / paste its content.

I will test it, thank you
accord Posted - Nov 11 2009 : 2:00:29 PM
Alternatively, you can turn on

VA Options -> File handling -> if Solution is not empty

It will parse all other unparsed files in the same directory upon opening a file.
feline Posted - Nov 11 2009 : 11:09:43 AM
You can copy and paste a directory list into this list in our options dialog by using the end button.

Can you simply get the directory list you need from an existing makefile on your Linux machine?
How about using a find command, with the output piped into a text file? I am a bit rusty on the UNIX command line, but it should be fairly easy to generate a listing of all sub directories with a find command and pipe it into a text file. Then just open the text file under Windows and copy / paste its content.
kruseborn Posted - Nov 11 2009 : 02:13:13 AM
i have alot of directories and files on the linux computer and i want to use the visual studio as an editor, not for compiling so i get the IntelliSence from visual studio.

but there are a lot of directories and sub-directories on the linux computer and I cant ad all manually.
accord Posted - Nov 10 2009 : 5:38:40 PM
As Feline said Visual Assist sets up itself from the environment. Visual Assist also parses headers which are included in a cpp file, so normally you don't need to set up these directories manually. Do you see any problems?
feline Posted - Nov 10 2009 : 1:59:47 PM
Currently there is no way to do this. The reason VA doesn't do automatic sub-folder traversal is that the compiler doesn't do it either. Usually if the environment is set up for compilation to work, then VA will find what you expect it to find.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000