Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Parsing directories that should not be parsed

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
robe070 Posted - Nov 18 2009 : 6:42:46 PM
Hi,

I have noticed that far more directories are being accessed by Visual Assist than should be every time I open a Solution. It takes more than an hour to complete on a fast machine.

I have 4 or 5 parallel developments going on, each in its own directory structure and each entirely separate from the other. And all have huge numbers of files.

Procmon.exe reports that ALL the parallel developments are being accessed by Visual Assist when ever any one of them is opened.

The VA X message at the bottom is not displayed for these files. The message is only displayed for system files and a few of the files in the solution - like 4 or 5 files.

I have switched of all options on the performance tab and cleared the cache and rebuilt the symbol databases. I've restarted, waited until its finished its business, stopped and restarted the IDE and it still does the same thing.

regards

Rob
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Nov 19 2009 : 04:03:16 AM
I'm glad it's not VA.
You may want to take a look at this FAQ entry

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W133

to see if it is related. It's about VS2005 but the same applies to VS2008.
robe070 Posted - Nov 19 2009 : 12:28:12 AM
Ignore this post. Its not VAX thats doing this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000