Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Issues with C++ and vax in 2010

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
th3flyboy Posted - Dec 04 2009 : 04:24:09 AM
Hey, I'm getting a few issues with VAX and vs2010. I'm using the beta designed for vs2010, and when I open up a solution file, if the solution already has files such as for instance main.h open, the vax syntax highlighting will not kick in until I close and reopen the source file. Furthermore, the intellisense additions are not kicking in at all, in fact it is acting REAL strange... Screenshot attached of intellisense, with VAX enabled.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Dec 08 2009 : 5:25:08 PM
Sorry about that. Source comments are missing from tooltips. This has been fixed and you'll see them in the next build.
th3flyboy Posted - Dec 08 2009 : 4:22:13 PM
VAX in vs2010(undesired behavior):

VAX in VS2008(desired behavior):
feline Posted - Dec 08 2009 : 1:33:36 PM
Can you post some form of code example that shows the problem you are experiencing? I don't really understand what problem you are having.
th3flyboy Posted - Dec 07 2009 : 11:08:15 PM
That fixed that, however now I'm only seeing content from default intellisense in C++.
sean Posted - Dec 04 2009 : 11:58:17 AM
If at startup, the IDE automatically loads a solution with open files, VA will not be active in the files that are open until they have been closed and re-opened. This will not be fixed in the next build, but we do expect to address after that. The tooltip problem is addressed for the next build.
feline Posted - Dec 04 2009 : 10:29:54 AM
No colouring of files when you open the solution, does changing the current file and then changing back help? Sometimes keyboard focus needs to be placed into the editor after loading the IDE before VA colouring appears.

The tooltip colouring problem is a known issue. From this thread:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9137

quote:
QuickInfo tooltip text is invisible if coloring of tooltips is enabled.

VA Options -> Advanced -> Fonts and Colors -> Apply Colouring to -> Tooltips

Are you seeing other problems with intellisense? Or just the missing text in tooltips?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000