Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Highlight References in VC6 [1812]

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mtpudelko Posted - Feb 19 2010 : 11:13:35 PM
Hello, After upgrading to 1812, on three machines (two XP Pro and a Win 7 x64) within VC6, 'Highlight References' behavior is always being applied within the text editor window. Toggling the "Highlight references using..." checkbox on the Refactoring property page has no effect. Changing the highlight colors does change the colors in the editor though, so it's just acting like it's always checked. 1738 did not exhibit this behavior but did so immediately upon upgrade.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mtpudelko Posted - Feb 22 2010 : 8:23:44 PM
Got it! Thanks again.
feline Posted - Feb 22 2010 : 09:41:50 AM
This is a new feature. As you move the caret through the file, the current / last symbol that the caret was placed in is highlighted. It is the last symbol when the caret is moved into some white space.

The option to control the Highlight all checkbox in theFind References Results window is:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Highlight references using <colour> and <colour>

If you hover the mouse over one of the checkboxes in our options dialog you should get a balloon tooltip which gives you some more information about what the option actually does. Sometimes it is difficult to have a short name that is clear and descriptive.
mtpudelko Posted - Feb 20 2010 : 3:56:53 PM
Ah hah, you nailed it!

So as I understand it now, the "Refactoring->Highlight references" checkbox state determines whether or not "Highlight all" is checked by default when the References results is displayed. The "under cursor" highlighting is really the *most recently selected symbol* since the cursor can change its position to a non-symbol, leaving the prior symbol still highlighted until a new one is chosen. That just wasn't obvious to me though in desparation I swear I played with the "...cursor" checkbox as well -- however it may have been while the References results was visible, throwing me off.

Is this a new feature, as I'm fairly certain the behavior was different prior to 1812?

Thanks very much for such a fine product -- and support -- over the past decade!
feline Posted - Feb 20 2010 : 09:58:14 AM
Do you have:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor

turned on? This might be what is causing the highlighting you are seeing.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000