Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 [1812] current parameter in tooltips not bold

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SvenC Posted - Feb 27 2010 : 4:08:13 PM
When VAX is enabled in VS2010 RC the tooltip for function or method signatures does not show the current parameter in bold.
When I disable VAX and leave it to VS the current parameter in the tooltip is shown correctly in bold.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 08 2010 : 04:22:55 AM
All parameters in bold is case=38810, and is fixed in build 1814
SvenC Posted - Mar 04 2010 : 02:58:50 AM
I don't dee this with 1814 anymore.

I have and had Parameter information turned on but I am not sure if the first param was bold and it didn't update or if none was bold.

The param tooltip which I see in VS 2010 RC with 1814 does not come from VAX - it has no tomato icon in front. Instead I get suggestions from VAX for each param value and the parameter info tooltip itself seems to come from VS but the text is colored by VAX.
feline Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 3:39:51 PM
Do you mean that parameters are never shown in bold? Or do you mean that as you change the current parameter the bold item is not updated correctly?

Do you have the IDE option:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Parameter information

turned on or off? There is a known bug that the bold parameter in the tooltip is not correctly updated as you move the caret if this IDE option is turned off:

case=4399
accord Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 2:47:35 PM
I don't see this problem:

Can you please post an example where it happens? I may be able to reproduce the problem using the same code snippet.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000