Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 licensing on multi-login machines

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fred2k Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 06:00:50 AM
Hello,
My company uses personal machines as well as developpement servers.
How does licensig work for instance if I am working on my PC and 3 people including me are also developping remotely on the dev server ?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kevinsikes Posted - Mar 03 2010 : 02:12:32 AM
Yes, as long as you are the only one using your laptop and your account on the remote server.

Regardless of the number of computers you use, your network topology, or any other physical factors, our simple rule is that a company must purchase a number of licenses equal to the number of humans using our software. Sometimes this means we must issue a special license key, since our protection mechanism is only smart enough to count machines, not people. Contact us via http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp prior to your purchase if you need such a key.
fred2k Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 4:11:39 PM
Then if I understand well : if VAX is running on my laptop and my remote server account, it counts as one licence ?
kevinsikes Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 3:59:42 PM
We define a user as a person. If you have 5 developers using Visual Assist X, you need a 5-user license.
fred2k Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 3:31:30 PM
Indeed, on an active directory or a windows domain, the definition of user can become blurred
accord Posted - Mar 02 2010 : 3:12:11 PM
Normally, you need one license per user, but I have asked our sales department to take a look at this thread since this is a special case I guess.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000