Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1812: Custom shortcuts not working

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Mar 03 2010 : 03:34:18 AM
I have (since long) mapped Alt+Shift+F to VAssistX.OpenFileInSolutionDialog, and Alt+Shift+R to VAssistX.FindReferences. After installing 1812 this setting is ignored. Alt+Shift+F always triggers the FindReferences command when any other window than the FindReference window has focus!

For one, I don't understand how you can choose a two-hand combination for OpenFileInSolutionDialog.

Anyway, I have to revert to 1810.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 18 2010 : 4:12:06 PM
How was VA disabled?

In VS2010 there are two ways of disabling VA. There is the VA menu item:

VAssistX -> Enable/Disable Visual Assist X

and also the option to disable the whole plugin:

Tools -> Extension Manager... -> Disable button

which requires an IDE restart. Sometimes I can trigger the menu item by mistake when I am looking to open the VAssistX options dialog. So it is possible the same thing happened here.

It might also be a good idea to see if you have a keyboard shortcut bound do "VAssistX.EnableDisable". There should be no default binding, but nothing stops you adding one.
znakeeye Posted - Mar 17 2010 : 7:13:41 PM
Looks like VAX was disabled. And I really can't remember disabling it.

I think I have to get back on this later on, with more information.
znakeeye Posted - Mar 17 2010 : 7:01:02 PM
Actually, it stops working after some time. I surfed the net for an hour or so, and then when I switched back to VS 2010 the shortcuts did not work. I checked the keyboard shortcuts and Alt+Shift+F was still there. Your original command (Alt+Shift+O) also did not work. Not sure what caused it. Could be the "Find references" command...

This is the same issue I encountered in my VS 2008 environment with VAX 1810. Had to switch back to VAX 1649 to avoid going berzerk.

You definitely have a bug here.
znakeeye Posted - Mar 17 2010 : 2:46:34 PM
After removing the original mappings, it worked.

I'm quite used to use the left-hand modifiers, and I believe many users are.
sean Posted - Mar 03 2010 : 12:04:22 PM
Did you try removing the mappings created by VA (using the Remove button on the Keyboard page of the IDE options dialog)?

On US keyboards, Alt+Shift+O can be invoked using only the right-hand.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000