Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA View - Display class information for a variable

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sellit697 Posted - Mar 17 2010 : 5:01:49 PM
In C++, right now when I mouse over a member variable for Class ABC, I am shown the class information for ABC in VA View. However, a lot of times I really want to see the class information for the member variable itself. So if the member variable is a pointer to an object of Class DEF, I many times want VA View to show the class information for Class DEF.

Is this at all possible, whether automatically or through some keystrokes? Obviously I can go to declaration, and then mouse over the declaration, but that means opening the .h for the class, which can become quite tedious.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sellit697 Posted - Mar 18 2010 : 3:30:43 PM
That would be awesome - like I said my scenario occurs pretty frequently. And I work with 400+ other developers at a Fortune 100 company that would like this :-)
accord Posted - Mar 18 2010 : 04:56:26 AM
We are considering implementing a bindable command which would jump to the type of the symbol:

case=9113

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000