Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Cursor in wrong location are typing parentheses

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
StephenNutt Posted - Apr 08 2010 : 1:34:23 PM
If my highlight starts on an open parentheses character and the type a new open parentheses the cursor is placed before the new character I just typed rather than after it.

I'm using 10.6.1819.0 and I have "Surround selection on / * ( { and #" turned off.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 23 2010 : 3:48:27 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=2163
StephenNutt Posted - Apr 23 2010 : 11:39:29 AM
I'm using Visual Studio 2008.

Type the following code.
GetVersionEx (&osvi);

Move the cursor to the end of the line and press Shift+Back Arrow to select the final characters of the line. Keep highlighting characters until the open parenthesis is selected. You should now have (&osvi); selected with the flashing caret between the space following GetVersionEx and the open parenthesis character (. Now type a new open parenthesis character. The flashing caret is placed before the open parenthesis character. So if I were to retype (&tmp); I'd end up with the following line of code.
GetVersionEx &tmp);(
feline Posted - Apr 08 2010 : 2:25:56 PM
I am not sure I understand. Can you please post a screen shot of the code before and after, so I can see what you are selecting and doing?

Also which IDE are you using?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000