Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 1822: Use a VA-snippet in a comment

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xMRi Posted - May 05 2010 : 07:18:27 AM
It is possible via Ctrl+Space to activate suggestions and code completition inside a comment.

But it is not possible to insert a VA-Snippet inside a comment
I have a comment block
/* some comment
 * some info
 * some other Info*/

And I want to insert a new block of lines in a specific structure in this multi line comment section to get a specific form of documentation.

I know that I can insert a complete comment block. But that's not what I want.

I want to see VA Snipptes too when I press Ctrl+Space inside a comment section as possible selection.

TIA

BTW: I just started a discussion about that but I still miss the Sniptes in the list and I don't want to remember another hotkey ;)
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8200&SearchTerms=comment
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 05 2010 : 10:59:18 AM
Normal VA snippets are not active in comments, to avoid them getting in the way of your normal typing. The good news is that VA snippets that start with "/" are active in comments. So the shortcuts "/c" and "//g" are both active in a comment block.

You can also map a keyboard shortcut to VAssistX.VaSnippetInsert to manually insert a VA snippet with the keyboard into a comment.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000