Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VS 2010 and formatting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JohnCz Posted - Jun 23 2010 : 3:51:49 PM
Well,

What happened to the right click on left margin?
What happened to Reformat Selection in Visual Studio 2010?
Also pasting does not correct formatting.

John
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 29 2010 : 1:45:46 PM
Thank you for the screen shots, I have now managed to reproduce the problem here:

case=46547
JohnCz Posted - Jun 28 2010 : 10:11:30 PM
Below begfore and after images as you requested.

Screen shots below (VC++ project). I have virtual space enabled.
feline Posted - Jun 25 2010 : 11:04:36 AM
Can you please turn on View White Space (Ctrl+Shift+8 for me) and then post a couple of screen shots, showing the before and after of your drag. This way I will be able to see what you are doing, how much of the line, including or excluding the EOL, that you have selected, and what happens.

If the IDE cannot reformat the selected line on CTRL-K, CTRL-F then I would not expect VA to be able to reformat it after a drag, since VA is simply asking the IDE to do the formatting.
JohnCz Posted - Jun 24 2010 : 4:53:52 PM
C# and C++. It works in 2008 and it does not in 2010.
Crrtl-k,f does not always do reformatting for that one line dropped. If I select more line Crrtl-k,f seems to be working.
It is not a big deal, I just thought that I have missed some new setting.

Thanks.
feline Posted - Jun 24 2010 : 09:06:23 AM
Which programming language are you working in?

I have just tried VS2008 and VS2010, without VA installed. There is no code formatting happening when I select code and then use the left mouse button to drag this selected block of code further up the file.

With VA 1827 installed the code is formatted in both IDE's when I do this.

Are you dragging code that the IDE will reformat when you press CTRL-K, CTRL-F ? If the IDE thinks the code is already correctly formatted then there will be no formatting change on drag and drop.
JohnCz Posted - Jun 23 2010 : 8:56:52 PM
Thanks for a quick response.
Indeed I have overlooked Ctrl-k,f key combination.
Formatting after pasting however does work.
I have to clarify: dragging and dropping behavior has changed and in 2010 format is not applied after dropping. It does in VS 2008.
I just installed 1827 and no change in drag/drop behavior.
feline Posted - Jun 23 2010 : 4:09:51 PM
Unfortunately the VA right click in margin menu does not exist in VS2010. Some VA commands have been added into the IDE's right click menu instead.

As for formatting code, this is an IDE command, and it still exists in the IDE. For me CTRK-K, CTRL-F is triggering this command in C++.

Format on paste is working as expected for me in VS2010 with VA 1827. VA is simply asking the IDE to format the code, so the formatting is controlled by the IDE formatting options, and is done how the IDE thinks it should be done.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000