Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Split view auto-characters broken.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
billw Posted - Jul 20 2010 : 11:12:51 AM
Occasionally when I am editing in a split view (same file split with a horizontal adjustable splitter, created by double clicking/dragging the little bar above the vertical scroll bar) the auto characters (closing brackets/-> to . conversion etc.) will be inserted at the caret position I was at when I was editing in the other view. This happens enough for it to be annoying (generally I have to close the file and reopen to get rid of the problem). And no, I don't have "Show Miscellaneous files in Solution Explorer" checked :)

I am using VA 10.5.1724.0 and VS 8.0.50727.762 (SP2).
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
billw Posted - Jul 21 2010 : 07:33:12 AM
I'm using Qt integration and Perforce integration plug-ins as well. I just had the problem occur again, but this time I wasn't using a vertical split view, but a horizontal one (i.e. side by side), and something was stealing both the opening and closing parenthesis that I was trying to type. Anyway I will enable the log now.
accord Posted - Jul 20 2010 : 2:02:11 PM
Do you see any pattern about how to reproduce this problem?
Are you using any other Visual Studio addins?
We were never able to reproduce this problem internally.
One chance to catch this is to turn on logging:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W305

After you turned on logging and were able to reprocude the problem, type a bracket that VA will close automatically, then exit VS without doing any other things. This will hopefully give us a clue.

This solution is feasible if the problems happens frequently enough (i.e. more than once a day) so the log won't grow too large.

Please submit the files via this form:
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please include the URL of this topic in the description so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000