Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Poor intellisense for .NET libraries in C++/CLI

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ngorleer Posted - Aug 06 2010 : 09:14:24 AM
I have some projects in C++/CLI. I have upgraded them to VS2010. Microsoft doesn't provide intellisense for C++/CLI in VS2010 so I am evaluating visual assist X now. I am using v10.6.1829.0. It provides good intellisense for my own classes but the intellisense for the standard .NET libraries is very poor.

The following screenshot shows the intellisense provided by VS2008. It gives me the types and names of the parameters. It gives a general description of what the function does and it gives a comment about the current parameter.

The next screenshot shows the intellisense for the same function provided by Visual Assist in VS2010. It only gives me the type of the parameters. I am missing the parameter names and the extra documentation.

Is there some option I can enable to get better intellisense for the .NET libraries? I think this is a major step backwards compared to VS2008.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 20 2010 : 10:27:12 PM
We opened case=49718 for the comment/documentation issue. It is still open.

case=1224 was just for the parameter names. That was fixed in 1832.
support Posted - Sep 20 2010 : 10:14:32 PM
case=1224 is fixed in build 1832
feline Posted - Aug 18 2010 : 2:44:38 PM
This is down as a fairly high priority item, but unfortunately I don't currently have an estimate on when it will be done.
ngorleer Posted - Aug 17 2010 : 10:29:35 AM
Do you know if this case 1224 has high priority? I think Whole Tomato has a big opportunity now to sell Visual Assist to all us neglected C++/CLI developers. If they can provide the level of intellisense from VS2008 for the .NET libraries then they are a must-have extension for VS2010.
feline Posted - Aug 06 2010 : 12:18:30 PM
I am seeing the same problem here, apologies for this:

case=1224

In VS2008 you are seeing IDE tooltips, and the IDE seems to have more knowledge about the function calls. Hopefully VA can somehow locate this missing information and add it to the tooltips.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000