Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Global Symbol search in VA View

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
halivingston Posted - Aug 06 2010 : 6:28:38 PM
Is it possible? I rarely need to search within my solution, but I almost always need to search all my references.

Is there a way to make VA View to do this? I hate Alt+shift+S
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 18 2010 : 3:42:16 PM
I have put in a feature request to allow VA View to show all symbols in the symbols list:

case=48809

For now you can still access this list in the Find Symbol dialog. I know it is in a different place to SourceInsight but it serves the same purpose.
halivingston Posted - Aug 10 2010 : 5:31:12 PM
Have you used SourceInsight? Download it and see for a comparison. I'm sure more users would love to see some stuff from there in VA.

This particular thing is also from there, it's like a right column window like VA View, and you start typing into it, and voila, the world starts getting scanned.

I seriously miss that, and because I'm used to it, I go into VA View, type something not find it, get upset and feel like booting SourceInsight.

So all I'm asking is an option for global symbol search that can be docked (stuck) to some corner.
feline Posted - Aug 09 2010 : 12:13:08 PM
Unfortunately no, not currently. Out of interest is there anything in particular you dislike about the Alt-Shift-S dialog?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000