Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Selections wrongly committed with open paren

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
undersan Posted - Aug 31 2010 : 12:58:15 PM
I start to type a C++ method call like this:

my_container.len

The VA listbox offers only a partial listing of all this container's methods. It doesn't know about len() (which I want), but it knows about adjust_length(). So, when I type an open paren, it changes the line to my_container.adjust_length().

In VA Listboxes config, under "Selections committed with:", I only have Tab and Enter checked, so why does it even try to commit when I type the open paren?

Obviously, it would be great if VA knew about all my container's methods (including inherited), but I'm sure it's a hard problem and I don't expect perfection. This commit-on-open-paren behavior is annoying, though.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 01 2010 : 11:20:54 AM
This FAQ explains why the listbox is being accepted, and tell you how to change this behaviour:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W371

If you are able to post, or send me a copy of the container declaration then I can have a look, and perhaps put in a bug report, or suggest something to help VA parse it.

If you want to send a file then please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000