Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Highlight matching incorrect symbols

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GregDude Posted - Sep 06 2010 : 02:20:01 AM
Highlight matching is intended to show what delimited block the cursor currently resides in. In the following code snip, I think the wrong symbols are highlighted.

int a,b,c,d,e;
  if(    a < e
      || b < e        // Highlights '<' '>' symbols instead of outer if() brackets
      || c >= (e + 1) // Ok if inside these brackets
      || d >= e
    )
    {

}

When the cursor is inside that 'if' statement, the '<' and '>' symbols are often highlighted (as if they were template syntax perhaps?) instead of the outer '()' for the 'if'.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Sep 07 2010 : 04:07:00 AM
I have put in a bug report to see what the developers make of it:

case=49648
GregDude Posted - Sep 06 2010 : 8:41:16 PM
This is a minor issue to me. I'd prefer the brackets highlighted as they have real meaning. If VAX can, at low CPU cost, make a better judgment, then that is preferred. A work around might be to check for unexpected symbols within template syntax for C++ files, such as || or && between < and >. The situation occurs rarely and highlighting is just an attempt at improving code comprehension.

So, it is a minor bug, to improve if possible.
accord Posted - Sep 06 2010 : 2:58:43 PM
Yes, angle brackets are are highlighted because it can be useful when writing complex template code.
Are they often bug you?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000