Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX code bar is not placed correctly

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HBTeun Posted - Sep 09 2010 : 07:13:31 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure if it's a problem of VAX or of the Productivity Power Tools (PPT) extension on VS2010.
But I noticed that since 1930 and the newest version of PPT (10.0.10819.19) that the VAX bar on top of the code window after a debug session is placed incorrectly over the tabs of the different files.

Since the PPT extension changes the tab behaviour. Maybe VAX gets the position back from VS before the PPT extension is finished changing. And when disabling PPT everything is fine. Also when refreshing the vs2010 screen by opening a different page from the tabs or from solution explorer/navigator the bar gets replaced correctly.

It's a C# Silverlight project.

Incorrect:

You can still see a bit of the tabs.

Correct:

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HBTeun Posted - Sep 13 2010 : 06:39:22 AM
Thank you.
holedigger Posted - Sep 10 2010 : 01:41:58 AM
They are the same. Both case numbers refer to the same issue. Yes, the changing height of toolbars exposes the underlying issue, and is not directly related to having any other extensions installed.
Nobodo Posted - Sep 09 2010 : 4:50:53 PM
Is this different than case=48808 ? I see the same thing in asp.net projects, but didn't report it because I thought it was 48808 since toolbars change while in debug mode, then return (with misplaced nav bar) when coming out of debug mode.

At least on my system, it doesn't seem to be related to the power tools extension, but just the changing height of toolbars when going from one mode to another. Enough change in toolbar height and sure enough that nav bar goes right up there into the tab area.

Thanks,
Mark.
holedigger Posted - Sep 09 2010 : 3:03:30 PM
this is case=48062, and has been fixed for the next build.
accord Posted - Sep 09 2010 : 2:24:32 PM
How do you end your debug session. I just closed firefox.
Can you please save your settings and layout via

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings

IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

and send them to us via the form:
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please include the URL of this topic in the description filed, so we can match it up.
It may help reproducing the problem.
feline Posted - Sep 09 2010 : 2:18:11 PM
How easily can you reproduce this problem?

What file type / extension do you have to work in to trigger this problem?

When you trigger this problem, does the total height of the IDE toolbars change for the problem file during debugging?

I have downloaded and installed this extension onto a winXP test system with VA 1830 and so far I cannot reproduce this problem using a new default C# Silverlight application.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000