Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Inline files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
samaursa Posted - Nov 29 2010 : 12:20:28 PM
Hi,

I am having a problem with inline files however. If I have a file MyClass.h and an inline file for the class MyClass.inl, and I ask VA to create an implementation of the method, it creates it in the cpp file. Now I understand that normally it won't be able to figure out whether it has to go into a cpp or inl file but if there is a MyClass.inl present and my function explicitly states that the method is inline with the inline keyword, it should put the implementation in the inl file. Currently I have a bunch of classes that have a lot of inline functions and I cannot use VA's implementation method without a lot of copying and pasting.

Other than that, no complaints so far, the experience with VA has been great. I do have one request. I accidentally put my name in the username box. Can it be changed?

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
samaursa Posted - Dec 01 2010 : 12:12:57 PM
Great! Thank you very much!
feline Posted - Dec 01 2010 : 09:44:04 AM
Looks done I have left the other parts of your profile alone, since you should be able to edit those yourself.
samaursa Posted - Nov 30 2010 : 2:50:34 PM
Thanks for the reply feline,

I was aware of VA Outline but forgot about the cut and paste functionality, that will be but the ideal situation would be what I explained.

I can edit all my information except for changing the username. If you can change it somehow to: samaursa I would greatly appreciate it
feline Posted - Nov 29 2010 : 4:27:34 PM
This is an interesting idea, and is very close to something we are already considering doing, putting the Implementation into the header file for inline functions, so I have put a note on this case about this idea:

case=4813

For now are you aware of VA Outline? This allows you to easily select, and then cut, several functions at once, so you can then paste them into the .inl file in one go, after using Create Implementation.

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vaoutline.asp

For the username box, you can edit most parts of your forum profile here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit

If this does not help just post, and I will see what I can do.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000