Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Problem on splash screen

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MiguelEsteves Posted - Dec 12 2010 : 5:17:45 PM
Hi,

* On installing everything is ok...

* On opening VS it show the splash screen... no problem at this stage!
* It works very well...

* On next machine start-up...

* On opening VS it show the splash screen... with problem...
-Does not show the beautiful welcome message...
-Instead it show HTML code...
* It works very well...

The problem seems to be only with splash windows....

*moved to the correct section by feline*
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 15 2010 : 1:32:10 PM
I am glad this is now fixed It was only a minor problem, but it is not a good introduction to VA.
MiguelEsteves Posted - Dec 14 2010 : 6:44:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I am testing under the same OS and login. The only difference is the version of VS2010, and I doubt that is a factor here.

Which version of Internet Explorer do you have installed? I have 8.0.6001.18702

If you use the next and previous buttons in the tip of the day dialog, do some of the tips work? Or are they all now broken?

Thanks for your attention... but isn't a visual assist problem... I had problem with my IE8... I don't know why he ask me to web default web browser, repeatedly (after each reboot)...

once again, thanks for your wonderful software... I'm building my own OS, and if VA is missing, so is my skills...
feline Posted - Dec 14 2010 : 2:53:11 PM
I am testing under the same OS and login. The only difference is the version of VS2010, and I doubt that is a factor here.

Which version of Internet Explorer do you have installed? I have 8.0.6001.18702

If you use the next and previous buttons in the tip of the day dialog, do some of the tips work? Or are they all now broken?
MiguelEsteves Posted - Dec 14 2010 : 02:42:59 AM
quote:

"C:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist X" is the default install directory for older IDE's, VS2008 and earlier.

In VS2010 VA is installed to the location you found, under the Extensions directory.

Which OS are you using?
Is VS2010 the only IDE you have installed?
Are you running the IDE as an administrator or more limited user?

I have just installed VA 1837 onto a winXP machine where VS2010 is the only installed IDE. For 4 restarts of the IDE, the tip of the day dialog came up and showed the tip correctly every time. I then used the "Next tip" button to cycle through all of the tips, twice, and all of them displayed correctly for me.

I am not sure why this is working correctly for me, but failing for you.

I'm using Microsoft Windows XP pro;
Only VS2010 Ultimate is installed;
and yes, I'm administrator...

feline Posted - Dec 13 2010 : 11:51:58 PM
"C:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist X" is the default install directory for older IDE's, VS2008 and earlier.

In VS2010 VA is installed to the location you found, under the Extensions directory.

Which OS are you using?
Is VS2010 the only IDE you have installed?
Are you running the IDE as an administrator or more limited user?

I have just installed VA 1837 onto a winXP machine where VS2010 is the only installed IDE. For 4 restarts of the IDE, the tip of the day dialog came up and showed the tip correctly every time. I then used the "Next tip" button to cycle through all of the tips, twice, and all of them displayed correctly for me.

I am not sure why this is working correctly for me, but failing for you.
MiguelEsteves Posted - Dec 13 2010 : 7:39:06 PM
quote:

Very strange. Can you try opening the tip file its self directly in Internet Explorer please, and see if it displays correctly. Assuming VA is installed to the default location, this is the file:

C:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist X\\TipOfTheDay\\tip041shorthandListbox.html

This is the problem...

Phase 1: Install/Everything went ok...
The program is installed on: C:\\Documents and Settings\\"UserProfile"\\Local Settings\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\10.0\\Extensions\\Whole Tomato Software\\Visual Assist X\\10.6.1837.0\
And is expected in "C:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist X"

Why?

feline Posted - Dec 13 2010 : 1:58:13 PM
Very strange. Can you try opening the tip file its self directly in Internet Explorer please, and see if it displays correctly. Assuming VA is installed to the default location, this is the file:

C:\\Program Files\\Visual Assist X\\TipOfTheDay\\tip041shorthandListbox.html

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000