Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 offer option to insert fully qualified name

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
txchrisriley Posted - Dec 18 2010 : 4:14:09 PM
Using VA in C#, I begin typing the name of a class that is not in my current "using list" at the top of the file, VA offers the ability to auto-add this using for me, but wondering if we could get an option added to this menu to add fully resolved class name rather than inserting the using.

In the image attached, I want to just replace the NetworkDataInputSourceProgress class found with Cerion.DataAccess.INIDSImpl.NetworkDataInputSourceProgress rather than adding the "using Cerion.DataAccess.INIDSImpl;" to the top of my source file.

Thanks!

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
txchrisriley Posted - Dec 23 2010 : 10:47:56 AM
Thanks much. Happy Holidays!
feline Posted - Dec 21 2010 : 4:31:03 PM
I see now, in this situation this makes perfect sense. I have put in a feature request for this, to see what our developers make of this:

case=53551

For now, are you aware of the build in IDE commands that might help here? In VS2008, for me, the keyboard binding is Alt-Shift-F10 to open the drop down menu when the caret is on the class name. One of the options is to replace the class name with the fully qualified class name.

Not quite the same, but hopefully this will help a bit.
txchrisriley Posted - Dec 21 2010 : 10:44:41 AM
Unfortunately we sometimes deal with class names that are the same across namespaces, so doing a using on both causes problems and doing a fully qualified [namespace].[classname] is required.
feline Posted - Dec 20 2010 : 5:10:45 PM
Out of interest is there a reason you would like this to happen? I would expect adding the using statement to help keep your code more readable, since you would then be using "shorter" names.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000