Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA locks up VS2010

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rwilder Posted - Jan 04 2011 : 11:28:50 AM
I installed VA trial VA_X_Setup1837.exe on my Lenovo laptop running Vista (32-bit) with Visual Studio 2010 yesterday. It appeared to work fine, very pleased. End of day, exited all apps and shutdown normally.

This morning I powered up and tried to start VS2010. VS2010 is locked up - it only paints the outer frame - not the inner window contents. Not even the VS menu bar appears, so I can't uninstall VA.

Help?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 04 2011 : 4:36:17 PM
Can you try grabbing a mini dump next time this happens, and sending it to us please. This FAQ explains how to do this. Hopefully it will offer some clues about this problem.

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W303

To uninstall VA for VS2010, you can simply delete VA from your Visual Studio Extension directory:

%USERPROFILE%\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\10.0\\Extensions\\Whole Tomato Software\\Visual Assist X
rwilder Posted - Jan 04 2011 : 12:17:42 PM
Shutdown and restart *appears* to solve the observed problem. But, will it recur when I power up tomorrow?

I still would like to know how to uninstall if it happens again and I can't get to VS2010's menus...

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000