Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Licensing concerns

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rryk Posted - Jan 31 2011 : 2:13:12 PM
I have both Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 installed and often run both of them side by side on a single machine (or even many instances of each version). Can I purchase a single license and use it with several Visual Studio of different version at the same time?

Also due to my experimental nature I often reinstall Windows and/or change hardware. Does it affect the license in any way? Do I have to "unregister" the key before reinstalling Windows? Do I need to get a new key for different set of hardware?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rryk Posted - Feb 01 2011 : 7:49:22 PM
Thanks. This can be closed now.
accord Posted - Jan 31 2011 : 6:44:41 PM
Yes, you can use Visual Assist with more Visual Studios at the same time with a 1-user license. Also, you can reinstall Windows or change the hardware using the same license. You don't need to unregister or uninstall VA before any hardware or software change.

Visual Assist's installer will automatically register itself into all found Visual Studio installations. The only thing you need to be aware is that you should install Visual Studio(s) first, and then VA. If you don't follow this, you may need to re-install VA after you install a new Visual Studio version.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000