Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Unwanted highlighting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Old as dirt Posted - Jan 31 2011 : 6:34:57 PM
It has been a while since I upgraded VA and I did so at the same time I switched to VS 2010. I think it is VA doing this because it doesn't happen if I disable VA.

Whenever I click (don't have to double click) on a symbol it is highlighted and every other occurence of that symbol is highlighted. I can hit Esc and it turns it off, but if I don't move the cursor and scroll with the wheel the highlighting comes back on again.

Is there an easy way to disable this feature?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Feb 01 2011 : 11:53:34 AM
If you only want intermittent highlights, enable the "Highlight references" checkbox (first one on Advanced | Refactoring).

Then run Find References in File (alt+x,s) whenever you want the highlights.
Old as dirt Posted - Feb 01 2011 : 07:58:42 AM
Thanks, I thought I had unchecked everything that had highlighting in it already. I missed that one.
That fixed what was bothering me.
It is a neat feature and I wish it was easier to turn on and off, like from a right mouse menu.
sean Posted - Jan 31 2011 : 7:58:35 PM
In the VA Options dlg, uncheck the "Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor" option on the Advanced | Refactoring page.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000