Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Update signature from usage

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kolobog007 Posted - May 08 2011 : 4:44:09 PM
We have great feature "create from from usage", which can parse arguments types automaticaly, and not bad feature "change signature", but with manual editing.

What about combining them both? When you changing arguments you can just click "update signature from usage" on the method call and VA will parse types and change signature automaticaly.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - May 10 2011 : 7:19:11 PM
Thank you for the explanation. I have found this idea as a feature request in our database so I have added a comment that another user would like to see this implemented:

case=48205
kolobog007 Posted - May 10 2011 : 10:44:37 AM
Same programming practice, which require "change signature" and "create from usage". How often? Enough. When i want to split class or method, or change how method works, when i want to promote local variable to field and need to change methods call chain to exclude old argument.
accord Posted - May 09 2011 : 8:32:54 PM
Interested idea, but I am wondering what programming practice may require this. Create from usage is for top-down programming. I mean, sure, you may run into some situation that would be easier with a new refactoring like this, but how often?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000