Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Sync functions/method order in source/header files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rryk Posted - Jun 16 2011 : 12:00:22 PM
Would be nice to have a functionality that reorders methods/functions in the source file as they follow in the header file or vice-versa.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 28 2011 : 10:36:08 AM
If you are happy sending me the file for testing purposes, I would like to have a look, and see if I can reproduce this problem. If it can be reproduced then this is a fairly serious problem.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
rryk Posted - Jun 27 2011 : 6:51:23 PM
The language is C/C++. The source file in question is C++ implementation of C interface in the header file, which is to be used as an interface to the library. The source file contains implementation of C interface functions some and struct definitions that were only declared in the header file. In this interface structs represent classes and functions represent methods of these classes (they always take `this` pointer as their first argument). I tried to group these functions in the source file according to the class that they provide interface for. I have done this by picking all functions of one class in the Outline and trying to drag them somewhere to one place, which resulted in the mess in the code. I can send you this source file, but as I have said before I am not able to reproduce the bug with it anymore (it has changed since then and I do not know what exactly was changed). I guess it's one of those rare bugs that appear only under certain rare conditions. If I will notice it again, I will let you know.
feline Posted - Jun 23 2011 : 4:30:43 PM
Which programming language did you see this problem with?
Were you dragging the functions to a "simple" place in the file, or trying to drag them into a class or namespace?

I have just run some simple tests here using VS2008, VA 1850 with C++ code and I am not seeing any problems.
rryk Posted - Jun 22 2011 : 10:40:38 AM
Reordering in VA Outline is sometimes buggy. The bug happens when trying to drag several non-sequential functions (selected using Ctrl) in the outline to a single location. VAX messes up the code by placing some of them within another function body. Then I have to use "Undo" and repeat the process by selecting only sequential sets of functions. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem anymore, which is why I have chosen to not to report this bug yet.
feline Posted - Jun 18 2011 : 08:54:47 AM
We are considering adding a command to do this:

case=56425

For now, are you aware that you can use drag and drop, or cut and paste, in VA Outline to easily re-order the items in a file?

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vaoutline.asp
Millianz Posted - Jun 16 2011 : 7:32:36 PM
++this;

Excellent idea.
Vertexwahn Posted - Jun 16 2011 : 12:46:22 PM
*Vote Up*

That is definitely a good idea

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000