Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Autocompletion in different editing places

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MT-Wizard Posted - Aug 28 2011 : 1:57:53 PM
Hi

When editing code in text editor, VAX helps a lot with its suggestions and autocompletions. But when you invoke either VAX dialog box, its edit boxes don't have this helpful feature.

So, if you need to, e.g., change function signature from bool foo() to MySuperDuperLongTypeName foo(), this MySuperDuperLongTypeName has to be typed completely and with no mistakes to the edit box, and no one helps to the lonely programmer :(. This even gets worse when there are two such types in signature, so you can't copy-paste both their names together.

Isn't it possible to implement same kind of popup suggestion lists in all VAX edit boxes? This would really improve refactoring experience.

Thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JohnWest Posted - Sep 04 2011 : 8:07:56 PM
+1, I think this would be awesome. VA does help alot with these kinds of tasks but I don't use the VAX pretty much for the reason mentioned here, I think.
accord Posted - Aug 28 2011 : 6:09:56 PM
I think this is a very sensible idea. I have put in a feature request to see what the developers make of it:

case=60853

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000