Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Add identifier support for IIDs

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pwc Posted - Oct 05 2011 : 11:00:17 AM
It would be nice to display the identifier associated with an IID value. For example, if we have this defined somewhere in our solution:

const IID IID_IKElementAnnotate	= { 0x7ac7c7b4, 0x661b, 0x4b2a, { 0xb9, 0xdc, 0x1b, 0x9c, 0xe7, 0x1e, 0xc0, 0x8b } };

And later we have a function, like QueryInterface, that takes an IID, the tooltip showing the IID value is "{7AC7C7B4-661B-4B2A-B9DC-1B9CE71EC08B}" but it would really useful to display "IID_IKElementAnnotate" instead or in addition to.

Thanks,
Paul
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 07 2011 : 12:47:12 PM
This makes more sense. We don't currently get involved while debugging, but this is a good idea, and makes sense. I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of it:

case=61828
pwc Posted - Oct 05 2011 : 5:41:01 PM
I'm talking about what's shown in the debugger while debugging. QueryInterface(IID& iid) takes a reference to an IID. If you hover over the value of the iid argument, you'll see the hex values. I'd like it to display the identifier too.
feline Posted - Oct 05 2011 : 5:35:05 PM
Personally I am not familiar with IID's, could you post a couple of lines of code to explain what is happening here? I keep on thinking surely you just pass the const "IID_IKElementAnnotate", so you see this const name in your code when you call the function. This is how I use const's.

Or are you talking about what is shown when you are debugging a running program?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000