Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Padding/Deleting spaces after suggestions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
azur Posted - Jan 13 2012 : 10:42:43 AM
Here is a example:

CString   strTool     = "VAssistX"
BYTE      nOurLicense = GetLicenseCount( strTool );

If our company grow a 'little bit' I have to adjust the variable. So I doubleklick BYTE, type "UL", and choose "ULONGLONG" - and lost my nice formating:

ULONGLONG      nOurLicense = GetLicenseCount( strTool );

I have to delete the surplus spaces.

The same happens if I use "int" instead of "ULONGLONG" - I had to add one space.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 17 2012 : 3:15:06 PM
Unfortunately this just confirms that code formatting is quite a complex area, since no matter how many options you add, there are always likely to be requests for even more. Hopefully you can get somewhere using the IDE macro as a start point.
azur Posted - Jan 17 2012 : 02:43:18 AM
Yes, there are many options but especially I miss 2 options:

At first: a Parameter on a new line begins with a comma. That's a little bit unusual but have some advantage.

CString GetDisplayName                   // get the display name
      ( const CString & i_strSurename    // the surename
      , const CString & i_strFirstname   // the firstname
      , const CString & i_strTile        // the title
      );                                 // "[Title ] Surename [,Firstname]

At second: Declaration with assignment can only be aligned on name or assignment and not on both.

BYTE      nOurLicense = 42;

Thanks for the hint to "Great Code". It has also many options but it is a command line tool. The first thing to spring to mind is that you can't format only a marked part in a source file.
feline Posted - Jan 16 2012 : 10:11:24 AM
It is interesting that StyleManager did not have all the features you need, it seems to have quite a few options.

Another code formatting tool that I have come across is GC, Great Code, http://sourceforge.net/projects/gcgreatcode/
Which might be worth a look. From memory it takes a bit of setting up, but seems quite powerful.
azur Posted - Jan 16 2012 : 03:01:46 AM
I see the point.
I have tested the "StyleManager" but unfortunately he don't have the key features I need.
Thank you for the hint to "LineEmUp". This can be a start for my own macro.
feline Posted - Jan 13 2012 : 1:02:03 PM
Unfortunately we don't have any current plans to try and do this, since this gets us into code formatting, which is a very complex area, partly due to the vast number of different options you need to make everyone happy.

You might want to look into this commercial tool for code formatting:

http://www.profactor.co.uk/stylemanager.php

I have never used it myself, but it sounds promising from its website.

Alternatively, in the VS2010 sample IDE marco's, in the VSEditor section, there is a macro called "LineEmUp" which should help with reformatting your code after an edit.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000