Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 () {} font and color suggestion

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nagates Posted - Mar 02 2012 : 12:42:08 PM
when highlighting over a matching brace or curly bracket, would it be possible to matching one, a different color as it does now, but possibly bold or 1pt bigger, to make it stand out a little bit more?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Mar 02 2012 : 7:54:30 PM
Some fonts don't show a noticeable difference when braces are bold. I prefer Lucida Console because the bold braces and parens really stand out nicely.
feline Posted - Mar 02 2012 : 6:44:24 PM
If you are using VA's matching bracket highlighting then the brackets should already be shown in bold, by default:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/match.asp

In VS2003 and above you can also set the background colour, to make the matching brackets more obvious. In the IDE font and colour settings change the background colours for:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Display items = VA X Brace Error
IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Display items = VA X Brace Matching

Unfortunately we cannot make the brackets larger, since the IDE does not know we are changing the colour of the brackets, so changing the font sizes will cause problems.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000