Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Resizable suggestion box

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
suffers_from_ocd Posted - Sep 11 2013 : 9:22:59 PM
Picture says it all...

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Sep 22 2013 : 08:58:37 AM
Unfortunately that registry setting only applies for suggestion listboxes so I have put in a feature request to be able to resize member listboxes as well:

case=76993

The above is a sample code and screenshot how it works when I use "15" for InitialSuggestionBoxHeightInItems.

class resize
{
	void resize1() {}
	void resize2() {}
	void resize3() {}
	void resize4() {}
	void resize5() {}
	void resize6() {}
	void resize7() {}
	void resize8() {}
	void resize9() {}
	void resize10() {}
	void resize11() {}
	void resize12() {}
	void resize13() {}
	void resize14() {}
	void resize15() {}
	void resize16() {}
	void resize17() {}
	void resize18() {}
	void resize19() {}

void func()
	{

}
};

suffers_from_ocd Posted - Sep 15 2013 : 4:46:19 PM
I cannot seem to get the registry key working on VS2012 update 3 (using VA build 1940). Does VA uses the default IntelliSense box which is locked to a maximum height? How can I change it?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Whole Tomato\\Visual Assist X\\VANet11]
"InitialSuggestionBoxHeightInItems"=dword:00000010

Here is Eclipse... if VS had something similar I would be overjoyed. Yes it's huge, but at least it can be customized.

And this seems relevant:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/474009/intellitype-list-has-max-height
feline Posted - Sep 14 2013 : 11:14:07 AM
Out of interest why do you want to resize the listbox? The listbox should always be wide enough to show all of the current items, so you should not need to make it wider.

As for making it taller, notice the size of the scroll bar, some listboxes can be the height of the screen and still not show all of the items. If you turn on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Listboxes -> Shrink when possible

then the listbox will be filtered as you type, reducing the number of items to display, until there is no need to resize the list, since all items fit.

You might also find this registry key helpful, for setting the initial height of suggestion listboxes:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W351

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000