Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Search enum elements by their const values

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alek86 Posted - Oct 03 2013 : 10:35:08 AM
A problem which it will solve:

We have a large application with a database. And there are many tables, which have integer columns like RuleType, Platform, TypeId etc.

In our C++ code they are mapped to enums, which not always have same names and are located in different .h files.

And if I need to find what 388 in the current row in the database means, sometimes I need to spend a couple of minutes, because enums in C++ can be like this:

enum InternalPlatform
{
 Platform1 = 385,
 Platform2,
 Platform3,
 Platform4,
};

It would be much easier to use a special search window which will show all enum elements in the solution, which value is 388.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 06 2015 : 9:58:39 PM
This is an interesting idea, and it does make sense. I have put a note onto the case about this, but I am a little wary, since macros can get nasty. So if done, and sadly there are no guarantees, there might be edge cases that are not handled so neatly.
Alek86 Posted - Feb 06 2015 : 1:58:23 PM
If you ever implement this feature, you could also search #define's with the provided number value.
Unfortunately they are used almost as frequently as enums.

And if the define is like this:
#define SOME_MESSAGE_NUMBER (BASE_MESSAGE_NUMBER + 117)
it could be hard to find if it's logged as 2117.
feline Posted - Oct 03 2013 : 1:18:43 PM
This makes sense, and I do see your problem here. I have encountered the same effect when looking up const values. I have put in a feature request, to see what our developers make of it:

case=77335

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000