Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Next/Previous Method

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shambler Posted - Nov 28 2013 : 12:07:43 AM
It would be nice to be able to add a shortcut key, to automatically jump to the next/previous method within a header/source file.

There is already 'scope next', Alt+Down, which is handy, but it would be nice to have this specifically for methods.

Something along the lines of what is discussed here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11127547/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-methods-in-visual-studio
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 04 2013 : 6:47:57 PM
Are your declarations separated by large comment blocks? Normally my declarations are close together, making it easy to move through them by simply using the up and down arrow keys normally.

Are you aware of VA Outline? If you turn off "Display Comments", in the right click menu, you just get the functions, both declarations and implementations, so you can scroll up and down the list to find the one you want. The current function or declaration is highlighted by making it bold in the Outline, to help you see where you are:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vaoutline.asp
Shambler Posted - Nov 29 2013 : 12:00:04 AM
Ah, that works for source files yes, but only if it's a function implementation - in header files and other cases where there is no implementation (and thus no scope to move to), it won't do quite what I'm looking for.

That Alt+Up/Down does solve it for a lot of my cases though, thanks.
feline Posted - Nov 28 2013 : 1:15:41 PM
Are you aware that using Alt-Up arrow, Alt-Down arrow does move you from one method to the next method, once you reach the method scope? Just press it two or three times, and you will normally be at method scope in the file, and now it moves you up and down the file one method at a time. I use this all of the time myself, and consider it to be invaluable.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000