Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Generate Constructors matching base class

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aeskreis Posted - Jun 29 2014 : 7:52:35 PM
Not sure if this exists or not, but I haven't been able to locate it. It would be great if you could generate stubs for a constructor with the same arguments as the base class. If this feature already exists, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 02 2014 : 11:14:59 PM
Thank you for your kind words, it is very good to know that you find VA to be so useful and helpful

Is this a common situation you find yourself in? Since you cannot make a constructor virtual, implementing virtual methods is not an option. At the same time, if you only need one or two constructors, copying the declaration is a quick and simple solution.
aeskreis Posted - Jul 01 2014 : 11:45:08 PM
Thank you, this solution will suffice. I think it would be great big picture though if this could be a feature, though your suggestion is very helpful. Thank you for the reply, and keep up the great work. These are some of the best C++ productivity tools I've ever seen on any platform.
feline Posted - Jul 01 2014 : 4:21:27 PM
It does not exist directly, but if you get VA's Hovering Class Browser to show the base class:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W207

the bottom part of VA View, you can then right click on the constructor you are interested in and select "Copy Declaration", which you can then paste into the derived class, and simply replace the class name.

When you want stubs for virtual methods you can use Implement Interface / Virtual Methods:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W165

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000